Monday, July 20, 2009

One Hundred Ten Days Whoo Hoo!

All of my friends that are dieting along side of me, are losing weight so much faster than me. I don't know why, but I know sometimes it just stinks to finish the race last, but I am starting to see that it is the race, not the finish line that is important. What if no one I knew, was dieting, what if there was no scale, what if there was no race. There is a race though, I make sure of that. Every time some one tells me they lost 3 or 4 pounds I immediately start thinking of ways to improve what I am doing. But short of going on The Biggest Loser, it looks like if I follow the Weight Watchers program it is going to come off one pound at a time.

It has been One Hundred and Ten days, and I have lost 19 pounds. That is a little over 4 pounds a month. Not great, but not bad either. One third of a year, I want to do this 365 days, then I want to start over and do it again. Living healthy is something I don't ever want to stop doing. If I lose 20 pounds the next 4 months, and 20 pounds the next 4 months, then in one year I will reach my goal. Whoo Hoo!
I will probably have to pull this post out and read it from time to time, when I am discouraged, but I do realize this is not a diet, it is my life, this is not a race, it is my life. This year I have lost several Friends, to death. They were all younger than me, so for me, my life is a celebration and I want to live it as healthy and as happily as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.