Thursday, September 9, 2010
I hate that when someone says something negative to me, that I let it affect me so easily. In the past that one thing would send me to the snack drawer, not so much now, but it does a little more damage than I would like. I want so much to be able to say, well those are your thoughts, sorry you feel that way, and still feel like "it is well".
I am working on it, and I am gaining ground.
Yesterday I went to a scheduled luncheon, took the cheese off my Pannini passed on the chips, skipped dessert and walked out with an "it is well" attitude. I didn't feel an ounce of self pity that I could not have those things because I really did not want them. That is progress, and I am for the first time in a while feeling good about my lifestyle changes.
So when the next not normal thing knocks me to the ground, I am hoping I can look up from where I landed and say "it is well" and mean it.
Monday, September 6, 2010
- Water........I need to drink more, I need to start drinking when I first get up.
- Exercising... Walking when I make this a habit, I love it. When I stop, I don't want to restart.
- One to break, spending to much time on the computer. ( that is going to be a hard one)
- Planning my menu! This is a must!!
- And last but most important for me is tracking my food.
All of the things I have listed above are not that hard for me to do for awhile, but when anything comes along to sidetrack me it is so difficult to start again. I want these habits to become second nature to me. This is my goal, and this is my hope for this year.