Monday, June 22, 2009

Day Seventy-Nine

When a person reaches my age you would think that some wisdom would automatically be at hand when you need to call on it. Not so. I am finding all the things I have been learning on this journey may not have been correct or maybe these things that make me what I am have been part of my problem all along. Since I don't have the time or inclination to fix everything, and try to relearn all of these fallacies I will try to examine some of my beliefs about my weight loss.
  1. Someday I can eat what I want to. --Fact-- I can now, within reason.

  2. If I cheat, no one will know. --Fact-- I will know every time I weigh or look in the mirror.

  3. Some day this struggle will be over. --Fact--The struggle is my teacher, and I will always be a student.

  4. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.--Fact--This is so true, face it, track it, never ignore it.

  5. There is no way to eat healthy on a trip.--Fact-- Planning, makes it possible, not easy, but possible.

  6. When I am feeling sorry for myself, indulge.--Fact--indulge in the fresh air, a long walk, some good music, A good book, a little quite time, not food....

  7. When I am angry I will feel better if I indulge.--Fact--when I indulge I will be angrier.

  8. When I am happy it is OK to celebrate with food. --Fact-- Yes it is OK, just keep track and plan for it.

  9. When I reach my goal this diet will be over.--Fact-- This is not a diet, when I reach goal my lifestyle will still be a struggle, but maybe just maybe I will learn to live this healthy lifestyle.

  10. Someday I will not have to exercise. --Fact-- Not true, I will always have to exercise, I will always have to maintain this lifestyle, eating healthy, and moving..... everyday!

Today will be my last day to count each day, from now on I will try to remember that on April 10th, I made a decision to live a healthy lifestyle and each day thereafter will be a victory!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.