Friday, August 21, 2009

Post it!

When we first began having International students stay in our home while they were studying English at our university, I would put post it notes all over the house. On the mirror, on the door, on the refrigerator. The notes were just words written in English. They knew what a door was, and a mirror, but remembering how to say it in English was not easy. It made it easier to remember what they already knew. It dawned on me the other day, that I knew what to do to maintain my healthy lifestyle, but sometimes, I need to be reminded. So these are my post it notes.
I think I'm tired, I am tired. I worked all day, most of it sitting at my desk. I walk or exercise during my breaks, and lunch, but when I get home I just want to sit down and do more of what I did all day. Sit! I know I need to move a little but I just can't seem to remember to do it. When I was younger my mom used to tell me to go to school, and if I felt bad after I got there I could come home. I never did. The same goes for exercising, when I start it, I enjoy it. I feel better. I don't quit.

I am usually my own worst enemy. I am the only one that says...you look fat in that...I can't believe you ate that...Why are you so lazy... The truth is most of the time I am doing good. Most of the time I feel good about myself. The problem is I do still hear that voice that says those negative things, I probably always will, so I will have to remind myself, until it is second nature. I may even have to make another post it that says DON'T IGNORE THE POST-ITS.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.