Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This is not a piece of cake!


Sometimes I just don't want to choose the healthy option. I would much rather give in and eat that cake. The problem for me is, one piece is never enough. If the cake is in my kitchen, it screams at me just minutes after I have had a piece. It's not even a question of being full, or satisfied, I don't think I have an enough button when it comes to cake.
There is nothing easy about this healthy lifestyle. Today, I didn't want to walk on my lunch break, I wanted to sit down and enjoy my lunch, but instead I made myself get up and go. My mind kept wandering back to my office, and I started to get irritated, I didn't even want to listen to the music that usually lights my fire. I just kept walking, and soon it was not hard or difficult at all. It was easy, it was fun.
Eating cake, is not really unhealthy, but overeating it, is. Thinking and obsessing about it is, and it may take me a little longer to walk away from that cake so, for the time being I will have to have to bake and take (my friends will love me for that).
Yep it's that time of the year, baking cakes is one of my favorite things to do, eating them is next. Anyone out there want to throw some prayers up for me , now is the time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can really relate to the cake issues. I used to make all of the cakes in the church because I had taken cake decorating courses. Lucky for me, they were made for other people so I couldn't eat them, but I did enjoy eating the icing I needed to make the cake...now when I get a craving for cake, I know not to buy one or make on. I will go to a restaurant and order 1 piece. That way I can fit it into my calories for the week and still get to have my cake and eat it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.