Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day Twenty-Six

My Big Toe
You know it's only a toe, I mean why has it consumed my every thought the last EIGHT hours. The doctor froze it before he gave me 5 shots in my toe, I didn't feel anything, except I can tell you I don't ever want to freeze to death. It was uncomfortable until it thawed out. The surgery, I didn't feel a thing. The whole thing lasted about thirty minutes. When I came home it was numb, no pain, but numb. I don't like numb, I just kept looking at my bandaged toe and although it wasn't causing me any pain, it felt weird. Then the shot began to wear off, oh boy, now it feels like worms are crawling around in my big toe. I will be so glad to get this bandage off, soak it in warm water and get on with my life. I can't walk for a while of course, but I have a Recumbent Bike so I can keep up my exercises.
Most of the time, I feel like I'm on a diet, when I am on a diet, that is all I think of, kind of like my big toe. I just want to get on with my life, I don't want to think of my new lifestyle of eating healthy as a diet all the time. That being said, it is hard for me not to with this blanket of fat that is covering me. Like this bandage on my toe, is tight and annoying me, I can't forget it. So for now I just have to suck it up and hang in there. When I feel like I am on a diet, I have to remind myself that soon this bandage will be off, and so will this extra layer of fat.
On a good note, I did get 30 minutes of aerobics in before my surgery, so yea for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.