Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Let there not be rain and there was no rain. Day Sixty-Seven










There was a really good chance of rain today but it didn't rain.
It amazes me how rainy days affect my mood.
I was all prepared for the onslaught of a torrential rain and it didn't happen. The Weather Man says its coming tonight and tomorrow, and I will
try again to prepare myself for the sleepy, drowsy, weepy mood rain puts me in. I don't know why rain affects me that way but it does, another thing I need to learn to deal with.
I may never learn to love the rain, but I will learn to live with the it.
And I willlearn to dance in the rain.
I have so many bad habits that affect me like the rain,when I allow these habits to creep into my life they overwhelm me.

I am going to strive to overcome these habits.
Some of these habits are:
1.Thinking about what I am going to have for a snack when I am full.
2.Eating that snack, when I am not even hungry.
3.Believing the lie that eating this will make me feel better.
This quote hangs in my Living room where I can see it every day, how often I forget these words.
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's about learning to dance in the rain"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.