Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beans, Beans, and More Beans! .......Day Sixty-Five

When I first started on this journey of eating healthy, a good friend came to my rescue. He is from a country where there is less processed foods eaten and more whole nutritious foods are served every day. Beans were something I thought people ate when the money was short and you wanted to make your food budget stretch. He told me to eat beans and rice several times a week. I am not a fan of canned beans so he took me to the store. We bought bags of beans, red beans, black beans, brown beans and white beans. Each week I make a one pound bag of beans with different spices and flavorings. Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Salt and Maggi Caldo Sabor a Pollo. I store the beans in the fridge until I am ready to use them. I toss them in salads, I make chili, add them to soups. They make you feel full, and they are so tasty. If you have any recipes you want to share with me that would be great.

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely something I need to do. It's a cheap, healthy protein source. I wonder if I have any in the pantry....hmmmm. The crockpot may need to be fired up today. haha

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog, or if you think you might be able to help this struggling food addict.